This highly distinctive course has been developed in response to changing priorities in the field of primary education over recent years
Early primary years are regarded as a hugely influential period of development. As such, teaching professionals need specific skills and knowledge around the development and learning needs of children, as well as an understanding of the wider support needs of families.
Choose the Outstanding primary teacher training programme from North Tyneside Council:
- Rated Outstanding by Ofsted 2015
- 100% of 2017 trainees were very satisfied with the quality of the course
- 100% of 2017 trainees would recommend the SCITT to others
- Over 90% of trainees are awarded Qualified Teacher Status each year
- Ideal for trainees who are looking for a more school-based route including school direct
- Substantial opportunities to gain high quality experience in primary expertise and practice
- Expert support from locally and nationally recognised primary and education specialists
- Small cohort group and bespoke support
- Based in a professional and well-resourced training environment
- On average, 86% of trainees gain 60 credits at Masters level
"The course, the tutors and lecturers are all fantastic and the high level of support given throughout the year has made it one of the best (and most challenging) years of my life!"
Laura Bell, aged 23, North Tyneside SCITT graduate 2014.
"Fantastic course, brilliant leadership and support!"
Sarah Moore, aged 24, North Tyneside SCITT graduate 2014.
"The programme is extremely well designed and delivered in order to provide trainee teachers with everything needed to be outstanding teachers; it is simply brilliant."
Chloe Webley, aged 25, North Tyneside SCITT graduate 2013.